Personal Injury and Fatality
In civil litigation, actuaries are most often called upon to prepare economic loss reports pertaining to the value of:
· Past and future lost earnings
· Lost pension and other benefits
· Past and future lost valuable (household) services
· Future care costs
We can be retained on behalf of either the plaintiff or the defendant. Our credibility and objectivity is helpful to clients who wish to negotiate a settlement in an expedient manner.
Here’s how the process typically unfolds once a client retains us:
· Confirm that no conflict of interest exists
· Confirm desired valuation date and when report is required
· Confirm heads of damages to be included in the report
· Review data provided (for example: overview of the incident, family/living situation of the plaintiff, income tax summaries, pension statements, expert medical opinion, life care plan/care cost report)
· Confirm scope of assignment, collect any missing information
· Do research as needed
· Perform calculations
· Prepare and submit report
Although normal turnaround time is 4 to 6 weeks, we can prepare a report very quickly if your matter is urgent.
Our fees are commensurate with the complexity of the assignment. Our clients tell us that our fees are very reasonable.
Copyright 2012, Dilkes, Jeffery & Associates, Inc.
DILKES, JEFFERY & ASSOCIATES, INC.